Carmel College has a fully-fledged library with more than 1465 books. We aim to provide students with relevant, updated and abundant resources, in addition to a peaceful reading environment. We have a range of printed and electronic resources in store. Along with books, academic journals, question banks, newspapers, magazines and all other necessary reading materials are made available for the students in printed form. Books are arranged in definite sections and categories. The catalogue with the list of books and their respective location helps the students to locate them quickly.
The library provides an internet facility to the students so that they can access books and journals online. There are separate terminals for the online reference of journals, e-books and other resources. The librarian is available during working hours to help and discover the wide range of resources. In addition, they help in the identification and collection of resources.
- Students can access the library from 9. 00 am to 4.00 pm.
- Students are required to produce their identity cards on-demand to enter the library.
- Students will be permitted to take two books at a time.
- Books have to be returned after 14 days. A student who fails to return the book on time will be fined Rs 1/- day until the book is returned.
- Journals, periodicals and books in the reference section will not be lent out. However, photocopies of relevant pages can be taken.